Schoolcraft Tourism & Commerce is a great resource for anyone thinking about starting a new business in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have the programs, people and track record of helping businesses of all sizes succeed. STC wants to continue to nurture a strong entrepreneurial community spirit in Schoolcraft County; therefore, whatever your idea, we can help you achieve it. Our staff regularly meets with entrepreneurs wanting to start a business in the county. New businesses find an enthusiastic, nurturing partner with the STC. To speak with a member of our staff, please contact us any time.
If you are a new business getting started or an existing businesses and are thinking about expanding or relocating to Schoolcraft County and need any assistance please review the following links or contact the STC Executive Director Alan Barr at (906) 286-1922. The links below will be a great start for you on your journey. These agencies offer various forms of business assistance from starting a business to business plan development and financing.
State of Michigan
- Schoolcraft County Brownfield Redevelopment Authority
- Schoolcraft County Economic Development Corporation
- UPWARD Initiative
- UP Collaborative Development Council
- UP Economic Development Alliance
- Central UP Planning & Development Region
State of Michigan
- State of Michigan Business Assistance
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation
- Business Development Assistance (Access to Capital, Incentives and Taxes)
- Michigan Works (Provides employment/job services and support)
- Community Development Assistance (Incentives and Programs for Downtown)
- Michigan Small Business Development Center (Technical Support, Business Planning)
- Michigan Talent Connect
- Hands on Michigan
- Michigan State University Extension (Technical Assistance)
For a quick reference guide check out this document created by the Michigan Small Business & Technology Development Center and the Michigan Economic Development Corporation through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration.